Welcome To The Pediatric Obesity Foundation (POF)
The Pediatric Obesity Foundation (POF) is a charitable organization dedicated to raising funds for the treatment of pediatric obesity, research into pediatric obesity, and providing education to the medical community and the general public about pediatric obesity.
The Foundation's goal is to provide the opportunity for families of all income levels:
- to access treatment services for their children;
- to support innovative research in the field of pediatric obesity;
- and to provide education to health care professionals and the general public about the issue of pediatric obesity.
The Pediatric Obesity Foundation is committed to the future and wellness of today's children; the leaders of tomorrow.
"In order to have a healthier society, we have to start with our children...for the most part, they are voiceless in this discussion and powerless victims of an underlying phenomenon." Overweight kids signal our failure: Shirley Bond, B.C.'s Health Minister, Globe & Mail, May 5, 2005
We're Making a Difference...
Since receiving charitable status in 2007, the POF has raised over $700,000 in support of childhood obesity thanks to the many generous donors in Calgary. The money raised has gone to support:
- children in need of a multidisciplinary obesity treatment program
- research in the area of childhood obesity and associated co-morbid conditions
- education through the creation and distribution of body mass index (BMI) wheels
Want to help the POF? Please Make A Donation.